Herne Hill Velodrome Cycling Experience
The excitement of the track is something every cyclist should experience. Our track sessions give riders of all abilities the chance to not only learn the basics, but also experience the thrill of racing on a banked velodrome. Over a three hour period our British Cycling coaches will take you through everything you need to know to make the most of the track.
It all ends with you putting your new skills to the test in a team pursuit, sprint or the scratch race. With awards to end it is an afternoon of cycling not to be missed.
DATE & TIME:
Sunday March 12th 2017: 11:00am – 14:00pm
Herne Hill Velodrome is an iconic open-air cycle track in South East London. It is the only remaining venue still in operation from the 1948 Olympic Games with a rich and long history. It is run by cyclists, for cyclists of all ages and abilities, competitive and non-competitive.
The Velodrome is easy to get to from Central London. Only 10 minutes’ walk from either Herne Hill Station (10 minutes from Victoria/15 minutes from Bromley South) or North Dulwich Station (15 minutes from London Bridge), situated off Burbage Road in Herne Hill. Limited parking is available within the Velodrome grounds.
PRICE: £20.00 per rider
BOOKING & CONFIRMATION:
To confirm your space please complete the online survey via the link below and make payment of £20 to the CCC account (details below)
Payment: Please pay via electronic bank transfer
Account Name: Cranleigh CC
Sort Code: 30-94-41 (Lloyds, Horsham)
Account Number: 40105868
- Three hour track cycling session for all abilities
- Session run by qualified British Cycling track coaches
- Progress from the basics of track cycling to a mini race series
- Coaching on riding a ‘fixie’, group cycling & riding on banked corners
- Races include team pursuit & individual sprint
- Track bike hire
- Awards ceremony
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Helmet & gloves (Both compulsory)
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Transport to and from the event location
WHAT TO BRING:
- Cycling Helmet (mandatory)
- Cycling Gloves (mandatory)
- Waterproof (Just in case!)
- Cycle wear or generic sportswear
- Trainers or your own cycling shoes
- Your own pedals (Flat pedals provided. If you wish to ride with cleats please bring your own pedals. Our team can assist with fitting these to track bikes)
We will be providing you with a track bike to utilise on the day. There are a range of sizes and all the bikes are fitted with toe-clips and straps, meaning you can use almost any shoes with them (they don’t need to be cycling shoes). If you wish to use your usual clipless pedals and cycling shoes please feel free to bring these with you.
If you are planning to use your own bike it must adhere to the following regulations: http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/starting/bikes