Ride Captain Responsibilities
The role of the Ride Captain is to work with the Ride Leaders to ensure that club rides are well-managed, safe and reflect the aspirations of the club members.
The primary responsibilities are:
BEFORE THE RIDE
- Schedule the club rides with Ride Leaders – for all C-Levels and distances. Populate the club riding calendar with specific ride details at least 2 weeks in advance (preferably for the season).
- Manage the library of club ride routes – making them available to all Ride Leaders to use for club rides.
- If there is an adverse weather forecast, particularly ice, the Ride Captain should cancel rides, preferably by 18:00 the evening before the ride.
- Communicate with each Ride Leader to get feedback on the ride.
- Contact members to follow-up and resolve any issues, encourage, assist and advise individuals based on the feedback.
- Amend routes based on feedback from the Ride Leaders.
- Report objectively back to the committee. The aim is to improve our club offer and ensure we are providing rides and routes that our members want.